top of page

Emergency help with food, energy bills and other essentials

You can request help for yourself or someone else. Find out how you can get help if you need extra support because of COVID-19, here:

If you need help to pay for essentials you can't live without, apply for help from our Local Discretionary Social Fund.

Food, shopping and meals

These organisations can give you advice and support about getting food, shopping and meal deliveries:

  • Brighton & Hove Food Partnership

  • Ageing Well directory

Debt advice

Please contact the advice services straight away if you:

  • are having difficulties claiming the benefits you’re entitled to

  • are having difficulties understanding what you’re eligible for

  • have debts that you’re not managing and it’s affecting your mental health

We can make sure you do not lose out on anything you’re entitled to and put a plan in place. 

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice is running normal hours but no face to face service. You can phone them on 0300 330 9033 or use the website to send a message.

Money Advice Plus

The Money Advice Plus advice line is running as normal on 0800 988 7037.

They have made alternative arrangements with all clients who normally visit the office to get help with managing money. If you have any questions, you can phone 01273 664 000.

My Life Brighton & Hove

My Life Brighton & Hove is an online directory of local Brighton & Hove, and national organisations who provide information on the welfare system, benefit entitlement, debt management, managing money and money advice to plan for the future.


bottom of page